Production of Knowledge
- Traditionally, the academic institutions have been the primary
producers of knowledge.
- Much of the early growth of the Internet has been driven by its
component academic research networks.
- The Internet is increasingly facilitating the establishment of
international "collaboratories", such as the one covering
- Notwithstanding the pervasive influence of modern western science, active
production of knowledge continues is areas far outside the reductionist paradigm.
- The production of technologies and technological standards is similar.
- An example of the production of philosophical knowledge is provided by the
Principia Cybernetica Project.
- Theories of the origins of humanity are debated on the
sci.anthropology.paleo news group, where one recent post placed our cultural origins in eastern Indonesia.